See Forth Topics
Disclaimer: The projects
presented here are experimental in nature. They may be
incomplete, not fully tested or contain defects.
Being free software, it is provided 'as is' and without any
warranty. Use of these projects or information is strictly at
your own risk
and responsibility. Project material written and created by the
author is Public Domain; any non-original or
included may be subject to copyright by their respective owners.
DX-Forth v4.30 - Forth compiler for
- DX-Forth is a 16-bit direct-threaded Forth compiler. Most
utilities on this page were written using DX-Forth
so you will need this compiler should you wish to modify
them. For all IBM-PC compatible machines with
MS-DOS 2.x or better.
- Download: dxfth430.zip (MS-DOS)
Forth-94 Standard documentation (in HTML)
archive at Taygeta.com (mostly historic material)
- Previous version DX-Forth 3 is available here.
DX-Forth v4.30 - Forth compiler for CP/M-80 (2017-02-11)
- DX-Forth for CP/M-80 version 2 or 3. Requires an 8080 or
Z80 compatible CPU.
- Download: dxcpm430.zip (CP/M)
DX-Forth sample graphics, games
- A collection of DX-Forth graphical games & demos.
Most are translations of programs originally written in
- Download: dxdemo.zip (2016-10-04)
- Various graphics packages and third-party drivers for DX-Forth.
- Download: dxgraph.zip (2017-03-05)
- HEXBIN v0.1 - Hex/binary
conversion utility (2003-12-08)
- HEXBIN is a general purpose hex-binary conversion utility.
- It will accept a raw ascii-hex or binary file and convert
it to binary or hex. Output may be in binary, unformatted
hex (raw), formatted hex (Intel, MOS Technology or
- Download: hexbin01.zip (MS-DOS)
- KCS v0.8 - Kansas City Standard and
CUTS tape decoder/encoder (2006-01-28)
- This is for all you old-timers that still have computer
programs on cassette!
- One of the most popular early ways to store computer
programs on audio cassettes was the Kansas City Standard
(also known as the 'BYTE standard'). Developed in 1975,
it uses an encoding scheme where a '0' bit is represented
as 4 cycles of 1200Hz and a '1' bit as 8 cycles of 2400Hz.
The data rate is 300 bits per second. Computers which
used the Kansas City Standard include S100-based systems,
PT SOL-20, Ohio Scientific C1P/Superboard II,
Compukit UK101, Acorn ATOM and many others.
- The KCS utility allows programs stored on cassette tape
using either the Kansas City Standard or CUTS (Processor
Technology Computer Users Tape Standard) to be decoded to
a program file. The reverse process - converting a
program file to an audio wavefile is also possible,
allowing one to produce perfectly regenerated cassettes.
works with 8-bit mono WAV, VOC or RAW audio files
recorded at 22050 samples per second. A variety of serial
formats are allowed including 7 or 8 bit data, 1 or 2
stop bits, odd/even or no parity.
- Download: kcs08.zip (MS-DOS)
- KIMTAPE v0.5 - tape conversion
utility for KIM-1 and SYM-1 (2004-05-17)
- Similar to the KCS utility for Kansas City Standard
tapes, KIMTAPE allows programs stored on cassette tape to
decoded to a program file. It handles both MOS Technology
KIM-1 and Synertek SYM-1 tape formats including
HYPERTAPE. The reverse process - converting a program
file to an audio wavefile is also possible, allowing one
produce perfectly regenerated cassettes. KIMTAPE works
with 8-bit mono WAV, VOC or RAW audio files recorded
at 22050 samples per second.
- Download: kimtap05.zip (MS-DOS)
MORSE v1.0 - Morse code trainer
- MORSE takes any ascii text file and sends it to the PC
speaker as a stream of Morse code characters. Output may
directed to a WAV or VOC sound file for dubbing to an
audio cassette or CD. The speed can be varied from 5 to
words per minute. The character speed may be set higher
than the send speed (the "Farnsworth method")
learning. MORSE is able to generate practice files
consisting of groups of random characters. A feature of
the ability to insert user-supplied audio samples when
output is directed to a WAV/VOC file.
- Download: morse10.zip (MS-DOS)
MTUTOR v2.9 - Morse code tutor
- MTUTOR is a Morse code tutor comprising six graduated
lessons and five practices supplied as audio WAV files.
Also included are the MS-DOS tools, files and audio
samples used to create the tutor.
- Download: mtutor29.zip (WAV
TRACK v0.3 - 3-point tracking
calculator for LC tuned circuits (2013-07-29)
- A three-point tracking calculator for Radio Amateurs to
help minimize tracking errors associated with the design
superheterodyne circuits. It may also be used to improve
the scale linearity of single tuned circuits.
- Download: track03.zip (MS-DOS)
PIFORMAT v1.1 - PI data reformatter
- Convert text data from n-digit PI
calculators to a basic form for comparison, or to a
format of your preference.
Includes binaries and source for MS-DOS and CP/M 80.
- Download: pifmt11.zip (MS-DOS
RESISTOR v0.2 - parallel
combination selector (2010-04-22)
- A program that allows the user to enter a resistance
value and tolerance and then select a matching
parallel resistors from the E12 or E24 series of
- Download: resist02.zip (MS-DOS)
SOLENT v0.2 - a conversion utility
for KCS and SOL-20 users (2003-10-13)
- SOLENT is a companion to KCS - a
utility to decode/encode "Kansas City Standard"
and Processor Technology
"CUTS" cassette tapes.
- Processor Technology's SOL-20 and CUTER-based systems
store programs to tape in a special format. As KCS
simply dumps all data found on a tape, a utility is
required to convert KCS tape binary files into ENT format
on a SOL-20 or the Solace
emulator. SOLENT can also be used to create Processor
Technology tapes from ENT files
without recourse to a real machine!
- Download: solent02.zip (MS-DOS)
OSI LOADER v0.2b - Convert OSI binary
files to hex loader format (2003-10-09)
- These days it is much easier to write machine code
programs using a cross-assembler on
the IBM-PC and transfer the
binary to the target computer for testing. OSI LOADER
converts binary files to Ohio Scientific hex loader
which can be sent serially to an OSI computer.
- Download: osilod2b.zip (MS-DOS)
A65 v1.16 - 65C02 Assembler
- A65 is a cross-assembler for the 65C02 microprocessor. It
is specifically designed to assemble source files written
using standard MOS Technology assembler syntax. Includes
- Download: a65v116.zip (MS-DOS)
ASM48 v1.2 - 8048 Assembler
- ASM48 is a cross-assembler for the MCS-48 and UPI-41
series of microcontrollers. Devices supported include the
8035, 8039, 8048, 8748, 8041 and others.
- Download: asm48dos.zip (MS-DOS).
- A version for CP/M-80 is available here.
20KHz Bandpass Audio Filter
- A general audio filter with a 20Hz to 20KHz response and
24 dB/octave slope. Its purpose is to remove frequencies
outside the audible range. It is particularly useful as a
pre-filter for audio sampling applications, where it will
sub-sonic rumble and provide anti-alias filtering.
- Download: bpf20k.zip
Page updated: 2017-03-05